ABOUT Real Wired Agency
Real Wired Music books the very best of South African and international talent…
Our forte is Jazz, Latin, Classical, Folk , Pop, Rock, and Blues, as well as Function/Dance bands specially tailored for your wedding. We have the ability to transform even the most demanding brief into a top-notch event to any client’s satisfaction, and guarantee the entertainment to be the most fitting and top class act available at the time – from solo performers to orchestras. Real Wired Music has worked with and booked some of South Africa’s top acts such as: Beatenberg, Mi Casa, Loyiso, Just Jinger, Judith Sephuma, Freshly Ground, Prime Circle, Lira, The Parlotones, DJ Fresh, DJ Euphonik, Arno Carstens, Karen Zoid, Goldfish and Goodluck.
In 1999, Gavin Minter joined the Green Dolphin Jazz Club/Restaurant – the biggest venue of its type in South Africa – as the entertainment manager. For 20 years from its inception in 1992, The Green Dolphin showcased live music every day, of every week, of every month, and for the last 13 years the musicians were sourced by Gavin. With referrals and a natural progression, Real Wired Music was born.
Since then, Real Wired Music has serviced clients all over South Africa, co-ordinating over 6 000 bookings from a wealth of talent we know personally and who we understand and monitor on a daily basis. We are also actively involved in showcasing and nurturing up-and-coming jazz talent. Real Wired Music was the producer for the New Jazz Talent Showcase, for which Chivas Regal was a sponsor for three years. We then signed Johnnie Walker for Jazz Impressions 2002 – 2006. For this production we auditioned sixty new artists a year and showcased around four hundred new artists over five seasons. In conjunction with The Green Dolphin and Johnnie Walker we released ‘Jazz Impressions Volume 1′ in 2003, on the Sheer Sound label.
For six years, Real Wired Music ran Levi’s Vintage Sundays nation-wide, from 2004 – 2009. The event featured top South African artists such as Arno Carstens, Prime Circle, Plush, Steve Newman and Tony Cox, Farryl Purkiss and 340ml, to name just some of the talent booked for over 250 events. This highly successful series became a major play in the Levi’s Original Music campaign, and led to Real Wired Music producing other folk/acoustic events, including the 2010 Cape Town for Haiti concert and the highly successful 2011 – 2015 Cape Town Folk ‘n Acoustic Music Festival.
Representing the company, Gavin Minter was a judge for the FMR Jazz Competition, Old Mutual Jazz Encounters and toured with the Old Mutual Jazz Encounters competition, giving lectures to the entrants on jazz and music in general. He regularly gives lectures for the Standard Bank National Youth Jazz Festival in Grahamstown.
Real Wired Music is currently managing the live entertainment for the V&A Waterfront Amphitheatre, Cape Quarter, and venues such as Mondiall and Weinhaus & Biergarten.
Productions, Promotions & Festivals we’ve booked
2010 - 2015
- Cape Town Folk ‘n Acoustic Music Festival, 2011- 2015
- Volvo presents Stockholm Jazz Orchestra, 2015
- V&A New Year’s Eve Celebration, 2012 – 2014
- Gift of Song [High School Choir Competition] 2014
- Take The Stage [Battle of the Bands] 2012 – 2014
- High School Band Slam, 2012 – 2014
- Troubadour Tuesdays, 2012 – 2013
- Take The Stage, 2012 – 2013
- Feed The Pack – Jazz Meets Blues, 2013
- Celebration of Dance, 2011 – 2013
- Latin Thursdays, 2010 – 2013
- J&B Met [Artist and Stage Management] 2004 – 2011
- Cape Town for Haiti, 2010
- Mango Airlines Live In-flight Entertainment, 2010
- Switching on the Lights Festival – Mitchell’s Plain, 2010
- Brand House Convention [Sun City – Artist and Stage Management] 2010
2003 - 2009
- FNB Whiskey Festival, 2007 – 2010
- Levi’s Vintage Sundays [CT, JHB, DBN and PTA] 2005 – 2009
- Oude Meester Winter Theatre, 2006 – 2009
- Standard Bank Sessions, 2008
- Kirstenbosch Summer Concerts, 2004 – 2008
- Levi’s Young Guns [CT, JHB, DBN and PTA] 2007
- Johnnie Walker Jazz Impressions [CT and JHB] 2006 – 2007
- Loerie Awards [Artist & Stage Management] 2006 – 2007
- Suidoosterfees Jazz Festival, 2006
- Cell C Sounds of the City [CT, JHB, DBN and PE – Artist & Stage Management] 2005 – 2006
- Windhoek Defrost [CT and JHB] 2005
- Cape Heritage and Centenary Jazz Festival, 2005
- Rothmans Jazz Evenings [CT, JHB, DBN and PE – Artist & Stage Management] 2005
- Chivas Regal New Jazz Talent Showcase, 2003 – 2005
- Levi’s Original Blues [CT, JHB and PTA] 2004
- Bacardi Salsa Grooves [CT, JHB, DBN and PTA] 2003